Uploading Supporting Videos
We aim to provide the best possible viewing experience for your content. In order to achieve this, we request that you provide a high quality version of your video. Our preferred video specification, along with alternative specifications we are able to accept, is shown below:
- File format Preferred format: .mp4 / .mov. Supported alternatives: .wmv, .avi, .dv, .vob, .m2ts, .m4v, .mkv
- Video codec H.264 (AVC
- Audio codec Stereo, 48Khz audio is preferred, in formats: AAC (256k or higher), Linear PCM, or Apple Lossless
- Bit rate 8–10 mbps
- File size File sizes up to 40 Gigabytes are supported. See the table below (page 4) to estimate upload time for a variety of file sizes and networks
- Frame rate Frames per second: 24, 25 or 30
- Note Please do not add letter-box or pillar-box to your video. All videos will display correctly.
Please use our preferred specification where possible, however if your original best quality video is in another format, we would prefer to receive it with a minimum of trans-coding to preserve quality. Broadcast will not be held responsible for any video quality problems.
Please note that it is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure video quality. Broadcast recommends that you check the video quality before the file is uploaded and watch once again when the upload and transcode is complete. If you are not happy with the video quality please recreate the file and, if the file has been uploaded, please email Hanna.Russo@mbi.london
If you have any problems with your video upload that are not covered in this guide please contact Hanna.Russo@mbi.london
Estimated Upload Times
This table shows roughly how long a file will take to upload, based on its size and the available bandwidth. Please note that if your computer goes into ‘sleep’ mode during this time, the upload will pause.
Replacing a Video File
- If you are not happy with the video quality then you have the opportunity to replace it at any time before the video is accepted by Broadcast. To upload a new video file go to the Video Management page in the Broadcast Digital Awards entry site and find the relevant Video Record.
- Select Delete from the Actions menu.
- The video will be deleted and the video record will empty. You can then upload a new video by selecting Upload from the Actions menu.